Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Is there a way to automate assigning dates to checklists?

So I make timelines A LOT!! And, Then I copy and paste my timeline with the dates into the Trello checklist. Is there a way to get Trello to recognize the dates in my item descriptions and auto assign them? 

2 answers

0 votes
Felix Atlassian Team Apr 25, 2022

Hey @Sydney Kohm - I just recently discovered a Butler Automation action that'll do this!

Click "Automation" in the top right of your Board -> go to Rules tab -> Create command. Then click the "Dates" tab to find a trigger like "when I enter a card name containing a date" and the action "set due on the date" - you can even ask butler to strip the date out of the name when it sets the due date.

That way you can enter the date in your card names, and Butler will parse it out and set it as the due date of the card!

Does that work for dates in the checklist too? 

@Sydney Kohm 

I have a solution/project similar to your requirements.

https://github.com/xu2xulim/Trello-Email/blob/master/Solutions/Email%20to%20Advanced%20Checklist.md

If you need to discuss further or have a different way to get onto your board, my contact is on my profile page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,345 views 28 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you