Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is that possible to send an email to the initiator as I comments on a card she/he created?

RenoT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2020

I had setup a common email contact as for ENG Support, anyone send email to that address will create a card on my Trello board, my question is, can I setup something if I put some comments on that card, the original initiator of that card will receive an email as per comments I put there?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2020

Hi 

Trello intregrate a  notification system.

When you mention a member in a comment, he can receive an email

See this :

https://help.trello.com/article/793-receiving-trello-notifications

RenoT
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2020

Thanks, Ludo, so the member should be part of team on board, if not, then it would not work...

The scenario in our case is, we set an email box as ENG Support, anyone send email to that title, email would be sent to trello board as well, and Trello will create a card accordingly as we did, but when you answer/comment on that card, the original sender is not the member of that Trello Board, so you might not be able to @her/him, meantime you don't want to mess up your board to invite anyone to join the board not even in your function, so it will become tricky here.

And more, if you turn off the notification, you might not be able to get any notification thru email in fact; or like me, turn the notification by hourly basis, so I would be not able to get any notification with certain period...

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2020

In this case, you can create a rule like this

when a comment starting with "at {?} - {*}" is posted to a card, send an email notification to "{wildcard1}" with subject "Comment on trello card" and message "{wildcard2}"

Then just post a comment using this pattern :

at xxx@gmail.com  -  this is a comment for you.

https://help.trello.com/article/1156-pattern-matching-and-wildcards

RenoT
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2020

Trello question.jpg

I didn't receive any email from Trello in my company mail account nor personal mail account, did I do something incorrectly above?

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2020

This rule is tested. It works for me.

First, have you a paid account ?

If yes,  make sure that the pattern in the comment respects strictly the pattern in the rule.

For example,  if you have one blank space between at and {?}, then you must have one blank space between at and rtong@

@RenoT , if the issue persists, make a screenshot of the rule too.

RenoT
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2020

I see, need setup Butler rule, not just put comments there, it works right now... thanks, Ludo...

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2020

Good news. I have adjusted my answers for a better understanding.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events