Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have a power up button show only on a certain list?

adam_genshaft January 6, 2020

Given this flow: `todo -> doing -> done` I'd like to have a `start` button on the `todo` list and a `finish` on the `doing` list. Is it possible? It seems elementary but I can't find it... Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2020

Hey Adam, 

Sorry I missed the part about it being part of a list specifically. At the moment it isn't possible to have buttons on lists only for cards or boards. I can see how it could be useful for you, so I'm going to pass this on to the Butler team to see if it is something that they will work on in the future.

However it could be possible to achieve some of what you want by setting up other rules within Butler. For example, when moving a card from To-do -> Doing certain actions are carried out e.g. set due date, give the card a label, assigning a member to the card.

I'm not sure if this fits what you are trying to do, but let me know what you would like to happen with the list button, and I'd be happy to think of some other ideas for you.

Thanks!

Ryan

adam_genshaft January 15, 2020

Thanks Ryan, tho it doesn't really help...

0 votes
Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2020

Hi Adam,

There is a way to do this using our Butler integration. Open Butler and then select Card Buttons and create your rule for what should happen for the certain button. e.g. a "Start" button might move the card to doing, and set a due date, whereas an "End" button, might move the card to Done. The button will appear inside the card.

You can find more information about creating these buttons here: https://help.trello.com/article/1141-customizing-the-trello-user-interface-with-butler-buttons

All the best!

Ryan

adam_genshaft January 14, 2020

That's great but it will show the button on all lists. I explicitly asked if it's possible to show a button per list. Can I show the Start button only on the todo list and not on any other list?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events