• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is it possible to add/modify existing cards WITH powerups by email or another outside-of-trello way?

Hello,
I am using the "Custom Fields" power-up in my board and looking for a way to add or modify cards via other access route than doing things manually on trello.com. I am currently working on a script that would import data from an excel file, that I created, to trello.com board. I am aware of the possibility of adding new cards via e-mail, however it doesn't allow for modification of existing cards and it isn't possible to add cards with custom fields specified. 

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Apr 17, 2019

@Nexon44444 are you tied to Excel? If you're open to using Google Sheets you can use the Trellinator library to create cards from a sheet. For example the following would grab a bunch of rows and create cards from them:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/3cfdd7c089b8122672e9c93396188c24

The expected format is list name, card name, card description then any number of custom field values. If the Custom Fields power up is not enabled it will be enabled, and any missing custom fields will be created automatically.

You can see how to set up Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-articles/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

330 views 10 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you