Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invite Button missing on Trello Board

Jose Susa October 7, 2021

Hi all, I was hoping to get some direction on how to invite people into my trello board.  Recently we had someone who was the admin of the trello board and this person was able to add users to it.  Now, I have the admin access and I don't see the invite button to add people.  The board is set to "Private Workspace" and not sure if this has anything to do with this.  Also, the previous admin user has been removed from the board.  Any ideas you can suggest? 

Thank you!

2 answers

1 vote
Michael Pryor October 7, 2021

I think this is because the board is not in a Workspace that you are a member of.  The previous admin probably made it in one of their Workspaces.  Can you move the board if you are a board admin to one of your Workspaces?

Jose Susa October 11, 2021

Thank you @Michael Pryor , I'll give that a try.

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2021

@Jose Susa i think even when it's private you should still have the option to see the invite button. Can you post a screenshot of what you see in your top bar here? 

image.png

Jose Susa October 11, 2021

Hi @Brittany Joiner , sorry for the delay.  Here is the screenshot:

Trello_Invite_Button_Missing.jpg

I hope you can figure it out.  thank you for your help!

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2021

Yeah im not sure what this "private workspace" is, but I think that's the issue, @Michael Pryor is this like the legacy "private" team? I saw it on someone else's board recently and I have no idea what it is or where it came from. Im guessing you can't change the workspace either since it doesn't look selectable?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events