Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

If I share my trello card via a link > can they see the entire board? or my account?

Asking for privacy reasons. 

I want to share my card but don't want the rest to be seen. 

1 answer

0 votes
Laura Holton Community Leader Dec 23, 2021

Hi @TOBIAS JH SHERMAN 👋

Welcome to the Community! When you share a Trello card link they won't be able to see your account however depending on what your board visibility is set to they'll either have to send a request to this board’s admins to get access if it's private or if it's public they'll go straight through to the card - either way once they see the card they'll be able to see the board it's attached to.

I hope this helps but if you have any questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Thanks a lot @Laura Holton 

So if they recieve permission to access the private board would they only see the card or be able to see the board too after getting access?

Also will he then be able to see the other boards on my trello once theres access to 1 card or board?

Laura Holton Community Leader Dec 23, 2021

Glad I could help Tobias, in answer to your questions...

Once permissions are granted on a private board to see the card, the user will see both the card and the board it belongs to. 

They won't be able to see any other boards in your workspace jut the board you've invited them to.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristjan Geir Mathiesen - Origo for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend...

542 views 19 20
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you