Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like a button on the card that makes a checklist with the selected labels on the same card.

Cecilia Öhman October 19, 2022

When I make a new card and select a number of labels I sometimes want to make a checklist with all the labels I have selected. Can I make a button on the cards that picks up the selected labels on that card and makes a checklist from them?

1 answer

0 votes
Rafael Dill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2022

Hi Cecilia, welcome to the community! I think the closest we can get to what you want is using a variable. Here's how to:

1. Create new button automation > select Checklists
  2. Go for "Add an empty checklist named "New Checklist" (you can put any name here) to the card"
  3. Then, select to add item {cardlabelnames} to the checklist "New Checklist"

Using the button will create a checklist with the name New Checklist and will create an item with the name (or names, separated by a comma) or your labels. Right now we can't separate more than 1 label and create new items for every label, but it will work fine if you have only one label on the card. You can take a further look at our variables here - https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/butler-variables/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events