I have an issue with Butler Due Date Command Not Triggering

Deleted user December 11, 2020

The command:: 7 days before a card is due, move the card to the bottom of list "Next 7 Days"

Does not work.

I have 3 lists:: [Today] [Next 7 Days] [30 Dayy Look Ahead] and more...but
I'm simply trying to have cards move into the appropriate lists automatically.

1 answer

0 votes
Cody C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2020

These types of rules are often a little tricky! In this case, if the point in time when this should trigger has already passed, the rule wouldn't trigger for that card. In addition, that point in time might not always be obvious.

What I'd suggest is to play around with a shorter timeframe. For example, try using a rule "1 day before a card is due, move the card..."

My bet is that it will not trigger 24 hours before the card is Due. Instead, it may trigger 24 hours + any extra time you've added in your Due Date. For example:

Let's say it's Monday. A card is due on Wednesday at 4pm. My bet is that the rule will trigger on Monday at midnight (40 hours before the task is due) rather than on Tuesday at 4 PM (24 hours before the task is due). 

Give it a try with that in mind, and don't hesitate to get in touch with us through our contact form if you have any other questions! https://trello.com/contact

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events