Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot preview any attachments that are not PDF

Alyssa Mong August 19, 2021

I used to be able preview word docs , excel, etc and i can no longer preview any docs. they all have to download and that is very inconvenient when I'm trying to flip between documents. Is this something that we can fix?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Martin Purmensky August 19, 2021

Exactly my problem.  I need to view excel files on regular basis and I have to each time download it.  That is very inconvenient and a big downgrade in our workflow.

Also, I got a support email, that soon we will not be able to preview even PDF. Apparently, going forward only JPG and video files will be possible to preview.  I hope that is not the case. 

Carrie Barton August 20, 2021

I sincerely hope not - we use the Excel preview all of the time, for a variety of reasons.

Alyssa Mong August 23, 2021

Yes, this would probably cause our company to stop using the sit all together. the point was easy file viewing and organization

0 votes
Aaron Young August 23, 2021

Appears to be a design change?

.pdf attachments use a class titled "attachment-thumbnail-details js-open-viewer"

while

.xlsx and other similar attachments are using a class titled "attachment-thumbnail-preview"

If one uses inspector and changes the class of the .xlsx document to the class used by the .pdf they will see that trello attempts to generate an in-page preview of the attachment. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events