Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Butler Power-Up to automatically delete the Attachment link of a copied & linked card

Steven Kimmelman July 28, 2019

Hi. I'm new to Trello and the community.

I am currently using a Butler Power-Up Card Button to copy a card to another board and link the two copies.  That link shows up in each card as an Attachment.

Screenshot - Trello1.jpg

Later on I use another Card Button on the "original card" to finish my process.  As part of that, I archive that copied card on the other board, BUT, I also want to remove the link between the two cards.  I've tried several combinations but I haven't figured it out yet.

This part of the command is being acted on the "found" card (the one that was copied to another board and linked):

I tried remove link using these variables: {cardlink} or {triggercardlink} or {triggercardid}. But none of these remove the link between the two cards.

Anyone know how to do this?  Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2019

@Steven Kimmelman 

Hi Steven, you can use the command to unlink cards:

Unlink-Cards.png

You can find this action on the last tab, somewhere in the middle when you scroll down.

-- Let me know if you get it to work.

Steven Kimmelman July 28, 2019

OMG, that's way too frickin easy! :)  I keep forgetting that you can click on all of those whiteboxed items and they show other options.  Thank you!  Feeling a little embarrassed but very grateful. :)  ~Steven

Like Katrin Anger likes this
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2019

@Steven Kimmelman

Nothing to worry about, Steven. :) - I am glad it's working for you now!

Like Steven Kimmelman likes this
0 votes
motz182 September 23, 2020

Olá, estou passando por outro problema parecido.

O que eu preciso fazer é remover todos os anexos da carta , *.jpg, *.pdf, *.xls , preciso que remova tudo.

No layout que uso eu faço uma copia da carta que tem preços e informações importantes , então esta carta vai para os funcionarios .

Estes arquivos não podem ficar na carta, mas os links de uma carta para outra carta precisam permanecer.

podem me ajudar?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events