Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off auto convert links to title

Julie Rebarbar May 19, 2021

All my URLs in trello are automatically converted into page titles. It is very inconvenient to copy/paste and i need to see the exact URLs. How do i turn off this auto-convert function?

4 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2021

Hi @Julie Rebarbar ðŸ‘‹

Welcome to the Community! 

There's been a few members raise issues around the smart links so you're not alone in this. I've taken a good look through Trello's available settings and it's documentation but unfortunately there is currently no way to disable this feature. 

A number of members are flagging this issue by raising a support ticket in the hopes that this feature can be tweaked. You can raise a support ticket, upload screenshots, description etc here >> https://trello.com/contact#/

If you have any other questions let me know 😃

All the best,

Laura

Brett M July 8, 2021

This feature is trash and needs to be removed.

Like • # people like this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2021

If you use backticks around the url it should stay as a url. 

Grzegorz Szostak May 20, 2021

Hi,
Backticks are make links not clickable anymore. Is there a way to keep entire link visible and keep it clickable?

f669e6d8b5

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2021

Capitalize the first letter of the domain works for me. 

like https://Trello.com

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
May 20, 2021

Actually may be simpler to capitalize the H in https. Just something so it doesn’t match the regular expression

Like • Anton Makasin likes this
Grzegorz Szostak December 1, 2021

We are using this bypass solution with capital H since May. Is there any possibility that "Friendly links" will be possible to turn off in settings for example?

0 votes
Russell Schultz November 30, 2021

My best suggestion is wait for it to automatically convert to a friendly link, then do ctrl-z to undo.  It should undo the conversion and just leave the full url and as a link.

(p.s. the "feature" is really really really irritating)

Grzegorz Szostak December 1, 2021

Hi, am afraid your solution is not working for me (FF browser). Links in the checklist are not getting changed after I press CTRL+Z.

It is a shame that requests from the users are not taking into account by Trello/Atlassian support.

0 votes
Mike Wish August 5, 2021

-

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events