Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sync card buttons between iOS app and trello.com?

Keith November 7, 2022

I have two boards that share some card buttons. The "Grind" board for high-priority tasks, and the "Ideas" board for lower priority tasks. I want all the cards on either board to have a "Done" button, which will send them to the "Done" list on the Grind board. I want cards on the Ideas board to have a "Send to Grind" button that moves them to the Grind board. I also want cards on the Grind board to have a "Postpone" button that sends them to the Ideas board.

I set up the card buttons, and it all works as I want it to when I access trello.com on my computer.

So far so good.

Then I downloaded the Trello app for iPhone, and initially it looked like it worked. This shows a card on the Grind board and a card on the Ideas board when I initially looked at them:

IMG_0398.jpg    IMG_0399.jpg

But when I went back to that card on the Grind board one minute later, the button had changed:

IMG_0400.jpg

If I delete the Trello app from my phone, and download it again, I get the correct card buttons. But the next time I check the card buttons, they are not right.

Is this just a bug? Or am I not understanding something about how this is supposed to work?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2022

@Keith hahah i like the "what the what" in the screenshot there. This sounds like possibly a bug if the right thing is happening when you download trello. Maybe try opening up a support ticket on https://trello.com/contact ?

0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2022

Hi @Keith 👋

I'm loving the annotations but really sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with Trello. I've noticed that this issue has come up previously, @Cody C. (Atlassian Team) mentioned:

You can find board buttons by opening the board on Android, then selecting the "..." menu in the top-right corner. From there, click Automation to see the Board buttons.

Card buttons would be visible by opening each individual card, and they would also appear in a section on that card called Automation. If you're not seeing those, double check from your computer, and make sure they are enabled in the Automation section.

If you're still having trouble, definitely get in touch with Trello Support and raise a ticket through https://trello.com/contact and they can help take a closer look.

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events