Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop auto adding me to a card

Josh Carroll February 24, 2022

On android 11 every time I add/modify a notification it adds me to that card and puts a little avatar next to the card.  Is there a way to turn that feature off?  It doesn't do that on desktop, and I'm already watching the lists, and I'm the only user for this trello board.

I'm sure it seems silly but having to uncheck "add me to this card" everytime is getting annoying.  I can see how it would be useful for a team, but if that option defaulted to off or at least having a setting to toggle between that being default or not seems like a better option.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2022

@Josh Carroll hi and welcome to the community!

I think when you add a due date to a card it will prompt you to add yourself to the card or you can ignore it, but it sounds like you're saying something about notifications? 

The only thing I can think of it notifications would only work by knowing if you're assigned to the card (otherwise it doesn't know how to notify), but if you're not turning on notifications, then that shouldn't be what's happening, but my guess is there's something around this that's happening. Can you record a screen share of the process on your phone and I might be able to better help diagnose?

Josh Carroll February 24, 2022

I apologize, I was in fact referring to the due date, by watching the lists and board it would notify me when the due date came.  I just experimented by adding myself to a card and then adjust a due date it no longer brings up the prompt to add me to the card. 

It used to add me to a card any time I created a card, and it bugged me that a few of the cards had my avatar, and up until today I didn't know how to change the color of my avatar and didn't like the color it picked and so it bugged me.

Where I'm the only one who uses this board and just use it to keep track of my own projects I didn't see a point in adding myself to the cards, so the problem was fully user error.  Thank you for your help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events