Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to search for partial text?

Ryan Yarbrough January 29, 2020

I am trying to search on partial text but it is not returning any results. For example, the title of my card is WR12345. If I search on 12345, I get nothing. I have to include the "WR" to get the card returned in the search results. I have tried using *12345, *12345*, %12345, and %12345%. I've been googling it but cannot find this particular search scenario. Is Trello able to perform these types of searches?

Thanks for the help.Pic 1.pngPic 2.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2020

Sorry, You are right. It is not possible. 

An alternativ way : 

if you have to use a specific pattern for card naming, you can create a butler rule to

• extract automatically a partial text which will be considered as a keyword. 
  • save it in custom field.

Then you can make a search based on this keyword.

Thanks, I will try that.

0 votes
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2020

Hi

For a card seaching use the feature in the board menu. Not the search bar.

See this 

https://help.trello.com/article/787-filtering-search-cards-on-a-board

Thank you, however I did read that article and tried that before posting. I am unable to get it to work. Am I doing something incorrectly? 

pic 3.png

hm_jehong_ahn May 26, 2020

Did you archived that card?

Because *Search Cards* feature is a local search, you cannot get archived cards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events