Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove a guest from my team in free version?

Brad King December 1, 2020

Former employees are still listed as Guests in my Trello team.  They are also admin of some dormant boards, which are taking up the 10 board maximum.  When I view the Team Page there is no option to remove the guests from the team.  Nor an I close or delete the boards for which they are admins.  Can anyone help me remove guests from the team?

3 answers

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2020

A guest is someone who is ON a board in the team, but not a member of the team.  You would need to go to the board they are on, and remove them from the board.

But the guests I am having trouble with are the Admins for the boards - so I can't remove them from the board.  And then the dormant board is just sitting there taking up my Team's 10 available boards.

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2020

Make a new team and move the boards to that team?

Like Stephen Addis likes this

That's a good idea.  I guess I will have to.  Seems like a weird glitch that I can't remove a guest, but maybe there is no option.

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2020

Hi @Brad King ,

You must be an admin of the team to remove other team members.

You can also ask Trello support HERE

From my understanding, in the Free version, every member of the team is an admin.  How do I find out who the team Admin is?

I must be an admin because I have the ability to remove Team Members, but I don't have the ability to removed Guests.

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2020

Hi @Brad King ,

Welcome to the community!

PLease read this documentation and follow the steps https://help.trello.com/article/742-removing-people-from-a-team

I hope it will solve your problem!

Sorry this doesn't help.  For Team Members there is a "Remove" option for each member.  For Guests there is no "Remove" option.  The only option is "Add to Team" which I do not want to do.

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events