How do I have a team member log in from home? I sent them an invite to their work computer here at work, and they can see the board while here at work. But now they're at home, so how do they get to the board from their home computer?
Only trouble is, I don't recall that they received any password after they accepted the original invite. We have no record of a password. I as the admin have my password. But I sent other team member invites and I don't think any of them received accompanying passwords. I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it, anyways!?!
@Mark Buchler A few different things may have happened:
1) They were initially invited prior to their work email being functional. As far as I know Trello use SendGrid for their transactional email and the result is that if delivery fails it may be blocked for future sends, if you email firstname.lastname@example.org you can get those emails unblocked
2) If they have been sent an invitation and not received it for some reason, then it's possible you sent it to the wrong person. When you invite someone to a Trello board, the safest way to do it is to type out their email address in full, because lots of people have the same name, and lots of people have Trello accounts
3) If they could see the board at work, then they were probably logged in using someone else's account at the time
4) Otherwise, they have received the invitation, and signed in using Google or another identity provider so they never chose a password, if that's the case they can login from home using the same identity provider
Could be a combination of any of the above.
What I would recommend is:
1) Remove the people you invited from the boards/teams you invited them to, and re-invite them by typing their email address in full if you didn't already do that the first time
2) Get them to check their spam/junk/updates/promotions tabs etc. for the invitation email
3) Get them to attempt to simply create an account using their work email, if you've invited them correctly to any teams/boards they'll get access to those boards when they sign up whether they are responding to an invitation or not
Let me know how you go!
Hello Community! My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events