Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the board operator to work?

James Peart June 14, 2021

I'm trying to integrate Trello with Product Plan and want to use the board operator to pull through all cards from a particular board. I've not been able to get "board:id" to work (or "board:name").

I tried doing the search across all cards on Trello and couldn't get the board operator to work there either. Anyone got "board:id" search working?

I always get this response "We couldn't find any cards or boards that matched your search." for all my boards

Relevant help page

https://help.trello.com/article/808-searching-for-cards-all-boards

3 answers

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2021

@James Peart 

Thanks for sharing. Now I understand a bit more about your question. I don't think my comments "2 eays" are of any relevance to your question. 

Tested this

board:id - Returns cards within a specific board. If you start typing board:, Trello will suggest boards for you. You can search by board name, too, such as “board:trello” to search only cards on boards with trello in the board name.

Seems to be able to qualify the search by its name.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2021

@James Peart try putting the board name in double quotes like this:

board:"My Board Name"

James Peart June 15, 2021

Thanks Iain. No luck unfortunately. Still not finding the boards.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2021

@James Peart are you only unable to use this from the Product Plan product or is the search also not showing any results when you run directly in Trello?

I can't get it working in either strangely.

I've tried:

• board:Name
  • board:"Name"
  • board:id
  • etc

Other operators (e.g. list:list-name) do work

Capture.PNG

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2021

@James Peart 

It works for me board:<space><some text>

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 15, 2021

@James Peart are you a member of the board CS Skills or are you only a member of the workspace to which the board belongs?

@Iain Dooley I created the board and workspace so I should (as far as I can tell) be a member of both the board and workspace.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 15, 2021

@James Peart and the search works in general? So if you search for a word without the board modifier it works fine?

Yep just the board modifier ... but that's a key one for using the Product Plan integration effectively. 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 15, 2021

@James Peart have you tried with a different board name? How about a partial name match such as:

board:cs

maybe you have 2 spaces in the name or something and you can't see it in the way the board title is displayed.

Same issue with other board names - it's either no results or a mixture (i.e. not filtered to just that board)

board: cs comes with lots of partial matches but not by board name e.g. a card with CS on a board with a completely different name

No hidden double space or hidden characters in the board name. Tried changing the name to just "Skills" and no change

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 15, 2021

@James Peart did you have the space before cs when you searched or was that a typo here?

Because it should be board:cs

Do other search modifiers work?

Tried with and without the space - same result.

Other search modifiers all seem to work ... it's just board

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 14, 2021

@James Peart 

What is “Product Plan”? A board, power up or a third party program? Both the board id and name are available as Butler variables. There 2 ways that you can gather cards (1) collect card action (2) create a report variable. Butler has http request that you can sent the {board_id} to an endpoint that can do the heavy lifting for you. 

Hi Milynnus,

Product Plan is a roadmapping tool so a third party.

https://www.productplan.com/

The standard Trello integration uses the operators (board:id).

https://support.productplan.com/en/articles/2978925-trello-integration

I'm not sure what you mean by the 2nd route (report variable). Can you explain it / point me to a guide?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events