Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get notifications? How to write multi-line messages? And a question about my username.

Doug Lerner June 3, 2020

I tried to go to Trello help and "send a message", but ultimately it only gave me the option to ask the community.

I have three questions:

1. I have notifications set to instant, but when somebody adds comments to a card I do not receive notifications. I did check spam. And the email address is correct. Any thoughts on that?

2. When posting to a card how can I create multi-line posts? Every time I hit return it seems to create a new card. I tried the usual things like Commend+Return, but it didn't help. This is on my Mac.

3. I'm curious why my username is douglerner1 and not just douglerner. I tried changing it but it said it was already in use. I strongly suspect that if it really is already in use that the user must be me from some old account. Is there any way of checking this?

Thanks,

doug

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2020

@Doug Lerner 

1) Instant email notifications aren't actually instant, they send after about 5 minutes assuming you haven't read the notification anywhere else, so if you want all your notifications in email make sure you never read them on web/mobile

2) You can't create multi-line titles, create the card, click on it to open it (or use cmd/ctrl+enter to create and open it) then you can enter multi-line descriptions and comments

3) Not really, if you don't have access to the account you can't really do anything about it.

Doug Lerner June 5, 2020

1. It's been a lot more than 5 minutes. It's been days. I have yet to receive a single notification from Trello comments to cards. They aren't in spam either.

2. I don't *think* I was trying to create multi-line titles. Is that where you think I'm confused? I was typing in the body of the card after creating the card. 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2020

@Doug Lerner 

1. see the second part of that comment :) Also you will only see notifications if you're watching a card/list/board and/or if you are mentioned by name, and also only if it's someone else that takes the action and not yourself

2. when you create a card, you are typing the title of the card, when you click on the card and open it, you'll see the description/comments etc.

https://trello.com/en-AU/guide/trello-101

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events