Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix attached Figma file not showing up on the card?

AlvinGalit April 6, 2023

Recently this week, my team has been running into an issue with the attached figma file not showing up on the card. My work-around it right now is if a certain number of files are attached where it allows you to "view more", clicking on that will temporarily fix the issue until you have to do it again. Or if there's not enough attachments, I have to attach enough files until I see the "view more" option or sometimes the figma file shows up during the process. Has anyone else run into this issue? How do we fix it?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Cody C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2023

Hi Alvin! Are you using the Figma Power-Up?

Do those links to Figma files not appear at all, or are they appearing as a normal text link rather than a preview? 

It may be helpful to see what you're seeing directly - if you haven't already, could you open a ticket through trello.com/contact and we can take a closer look with you?

AlvinGalit April 10, 2023

Hey Cody! Thanks for your reply. The figma files don't appear at all. I've opened a ticket and was pointed to Figma support so I'll open a ticket with them and hopefully they can figure it out.

Cody C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2023

@AlvinGalit If you open the card where the Figma files should be showing, scroll down the comment section and click Show details, do you see an entry in the card's activity that says, "Username attached Figma file to the card?

Hopefully Figma can offer some insight as well, but if not, don't hesitate to reopen that ticket with my colleague and we can investigate a bit further on the Trello side.

AlvinGalit April 11, 2023

Looks like it does show "Username attached Figma file to this card". I just sent a ticket to Figma and now will wait for them to get back to me. If they're not able to offer some insight I'll go ahead an reopen the ticket here. Thank you!

Like Cody C. likes this
Johannes Kvamme May 9, 2023

Was this resolved for you, @AlvinGalit
My team is currently experiencing the same issue that you are describing, and would like any clues on how we can fix this.

AlvinGalit May 9, 2023

Hey @Johannes Kvamme, I've reached out to Figma's tech support and their last reply to me was on April 17th saying they'll be investigating the issue further. They have yet to reach back out to me with any updates.

FYI: My initial work-around doesn't work anymore so I just find the attached Figma file after clicking on Show details in the comments section.

Like Johannes Kvamme likes this
Cody C.
Atlassian Team
May 9, 2023

Another possible option--while Figma has a closer look--would be to paste the figma link directly into the description of the card.

The link should automatically reformat to a smart link that includes the Figma name - this is my preferred method now!

figma.png

Like AlvinGalit likes this
AlvinGalit May 9, 2023

That's a great option too. Thanks @Cody C.!

AlvinGalit May 26, 2023

@Johannes Kvamme Just received a reply from support and it should be fixed now. Just make sure to refresh Trello and it might ask for permission to connect Figma.

cc: @Cody C. 

Like # people like this
Johannes Kvamme May 30, 2023

Awesome, thanks!

2 votes
Dan Dineen August 18, 2023

Good morning all. Apologies for essentially re-opening this card but it looks as though this issue has reappeared once again. Figma file previews were happily displaying in our Trello cards until yesterday when they all just ... disappeared. The Figma section is still visible on the card and the activity details shows the file was added.

The sidebar 'Figma' button still allows me to pick a file or prototype to add but the file never shows up on the card.

Roos Ammerlaan August 18, 2023

Same here :(

AlvinGalit August 18, 2023

I just checked my team's Trello cards and they're not showing up anymore as well. I'm only seeing a white rectangular box where the Figma file should be rendered. I've re-opened a ticket I had with Figma support. Hopefully, they get back to me soon.

Like # people like this
Mike August 21, 2023

Same here, I just noticed they stopped working about a week ago. We tried re-connecting our accounts, deleting the old links, creating new cards, logging out, and nothing worked. It looks like it tried to load for a split second, but the area in the Trello cards where the Figma embed should appear stays empty. 

Lucy Hill August 22, 2023

Same here for me. It was working up until today, I've had to embed the links in the description for now, which will hopefully work well enough, although it's not an ideal long-term solution for me. 

Cody C.
Atlassian Team
August 22, 2023

Sorry for the trouble, I did a little testing and suspect the issue is on the Figma side since it's coming from their Power-Up, but if you hear otherwise from them please don't hesitate to open a ticket through trello.com/contact and we can take a closer look.

In the interim, the idea of embedding in the description is a good one. Figma links can be expanded to show a full preview, if that's something you're interested in. You'd paste the link into the description, then click the link and switch to the Embed option. It requires a few permissions approvals, then should pop through like this:

2023-08-22_08-50-46.png

Like # people like this
AlvinGalit August 24, 2023

Thanks Cody! I just got an update this morning from Figma support saying their engineering team are investigating this further.

Like # people like this
AlvinGalit September 6, 2023

Just wanted to give an update from Figma support that they're still working with Trello on this.

Like # people like this
solvr_vision November 29, 2023

Has this been resolved for anyone? When using the Figma power-up, I end up with the Figma section and the "remove" link ("Entfernen" in German). But nothing shows up.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-11-29 um 12.30.27.png

That's all that is displayed.

Lucy Hill November 29, 2023

Still have the same issue. As far as I'm aware Trello and Figma are still investigating this but no resolution yet. I've had to use the workaround of linking prototypes in the card description.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events