Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to filter cards

CardIt August 19, 2017

I tried to set a filter for a type of label I call Tasks. When I searched or clicked the desired label in the list of possible filter labels; all I saw was just my board with lists saying how many cards are in them. 

How do I filter a card based on label?

Here is are imgs of what I described above. 

Board with no filter:

Trello filter inquiry 2.PNG

Board right after I pressed the keyboard short "q" to turn on filtering:

Trello filter inquiry 3.PNG

Task Filter selected and nothing happens:

Trello filter inquiry 4.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
alfredbuehler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2017

None of your cards is assigned to you (Filter 'q') and labeled Tasks.

CardIt August 19, 2017

@alfredbuehler Look at the first img 

CardIt August 19, 2017

The cards on the left have the label "Tasks"  and the filter set is Tasks though it may look like I set the "Taco" filter it's not selected it's just highlighted; the one near it has a check mark. Thanks for trying to help any other suggestions are welcome. 

alfredbuehler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2017

Maybe I'm wrong, but I assume, the 'q' is still active. Remove it and you should see the cards labeled with Task.

CardIt August 20, 2017

So you are saying that all the cards without a q are being filtered out? I think you're correct since I tested just typeing the letter "f"; typing the letter "f" just asks to filter, but not anything specific. Then what does q"q do? I thought iwas the keybaord shot cut for filtering?

Thanks I really appreciate the help. 

CardIt August 20, 2017

Do you happen to know if the feature exists to filter cards that don't apply to every group you select?

alfredbuehler
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 20, 2017

You mentioned the shortcut 'q' in your initial post. This toggles on/off the filtering of cards assigned to you. If on, and none of the cards is assigned to you, you dont see any card.

CardIt August 20, 2017

Yep I didn't know. Thanks for the help. 

CardIt August 22, 2017

Yep, thanks 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events