Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to embed image as comment

mortendolph September 1, 2018

Hello all, I hope someone out there can help me with a problem :)

I have tried to embed an image in a comment as shown in the format description:

https://help.trello.com/article/821-using-markdown-in-trello

I took a screenshot and uploaded it to my trellocard as an attachment. However, I am unable to make the picture appear in my comment. I attached a screenshot where I have copied my comment, so my raw comment and formatted comment is visible.

The image does appear as an attachment and I am able to press the link and see the image, BUT the image does not appear by itself below the text, which is the case in the format description linked to above. Does anyone know what I have done wrong? I have been driving myself crazy the last hour trying to figure this out...

Hope someone has an answer out there if there is anything more I can do to make my problem clear just ask :)

5 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2018

Hey Morten,

Unfortunately the image embedding only works in the card description, not in comments.

See https://help.trello.com/article/821-using-markdown-in-trello under the heading "Syntax that only works in card descriptions".

mortendolph September 3, 2018

ok must have missed that. Thanks for clarifying. :)

Clint April 24, 2020

Are there any plans to fix this?

Like # people like this
Tyler Collier June 26, 2020

I'd like to see images directly embedded in comments too. As it is, it clutters the card when they show up as general attachments, and it's clunky to have to click the links to open them, especially if you are viewing images for the sake of comparing them.

Like # people like this
Omar Al Zeidi January 24, 2021

Echoing the same  thoughts by Tyler. Images in comment would be such cool feature!

Like Lesław Paździor likes this
Gary June 24, 2021

Please add the functionality of embedding images into Trello comments, it would be very useful for our team. We've identified this as a huge pain point during presentations where we would show a Trello card.

Thanks

Like # people like this
Joe Matazzoni December 20, 2021

Yes please! I also need to place images in comments. So much of product development has to do with showing designs and commenting on them or explaining how they work.  This is basic. 

Like # people like this
12 votes
Paula July 29, 2020

WHYYYYYYY is this still not a feature? C'mon Trello, this is pretty basic.

Kasey Brewer May 31, 2022

agreed

Like # people like this
3 votes
brianrbrady January 21, 2022

Yes, an absolute must!! 

1 vote
Joe Matazzoni June 6, 2022

What we need, to be clear, is the same type of functionality Atlassian offers in Jira. Which is to say, we not only need the ability to put the image in the comment, but the ability to insert the image in text  (not just at the bottom). This is essential for explaining designs and having a coherent discussion. 

Ideally, we'll also have the ability to size the image—as a thumbnail that can be expanded or as something a little larger that can be read without expanding. 

I have to say, the fact that Atlassian offers these features in Jira, meaning the company understands their value, makes me wonder if Atlassian is purposely leaving them out of Trello to create more reasons for users to upgrade? That would be an unfortunate strategy. 

Paula June 6, 2022

I think you hit the nail on the head unfortunately :( 

0 votes
Daniel Tan June 18, 2023

was finally able to for a few months and then it stopped working. it keeps saying it needs to be in jpg or png. I'm attaching screenshots, so they are. i even tested by saving it and checking files properties to see file type. but keep getting "error, file must be in blah blah blah" (using edge and chrome and both updated)

Joe Matazzoni June 19, 2023

@Daniel Tan What you say is interesting, but if you attached screenshots I don't see them. Was there a problem?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events