Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to embed image as comment

Hello all, I hope someone out there can help me with a problem :)

I have tried to embed an image in a comment as shown in the format description:

https://help.trello.com/article/821-using-markdown-in-trello

I took a screenshot and uploaded it to my trellocard as an attachment. However, I am unable to make the picture appear in my comment. I attached a screenshot where I have copied my comment, so my raw comment and formatted comment is visible.

The image does appear as an attachment and I am able to press the link and see the image, BUT the image does not appear by itself below the text, which is the case in the format description linked to above. Does anyone know what I have done wrong? I have been driving myself crazy the last hour trying to figure this out...

Hope someone has an answer out there if there is anything more I can do to make my problem clear just ask :)

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hey Morten,

Unfortunately the image embedding only works in the card description, not in comments.

See https://help.trello.com/article/821-using-markdown-in-trello under the heading "Syntax that only works in card descriptions".

ok must have missed that. Thanks for clarifying. :)

Are there any plans to fix this?

Like # people like this

I'd like to see images directly embedded in comments too. As it is, it clutters the card when they show up as general attachments, and it's clunky to have to click the links to open them, especially if you are viewing images for the sake of comparing them.

Like # people like this

Echoing the same  thoughts by Tyler. Images in comment would be such cool feature!

Gary I'm New Here Jun 24, 2021

Please add the functionality of embedding images into Trello comments, it would be very useful for our team. We've identified this as a huge pain point during presentations where we would show a Trello card.

Thanks

WHYYYYYYY is this still not a feature? C'mon Trello, this is pretty basic.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: Your favorite Trello blog takeaway

Hello friends! From the community that brought you Welcome Wednesday, Throwback Thursday and Friday Fun, welcome to Taco Tuesday, a weekly discussion about all things Trello. The best part? One Tac...

205 views 10 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you