It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to delete a private board?

I see a private board amongst my team boards. I do not recognize it and would like it deleted. I am the head of the team. How to delete it?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

In a free account,

A member can create a private board assigned to the team. He can manage the board like he wants. In this case, the admin himself cant see the board If he is not invited.

But your case is different.

Last resort : create a new team, transfer members and boards, close the old team.

Thanks Ludo. Maybe this is the case. I will ask each team member... I understand, that only current members' boards are visible among the team boards. If a member is deleted, their board is no longer occupying the space?

I got Business Class access, saw that the board belonged to an ex-member of my team, removed it and now I am fine :)  Thanks Ludo.  And thanks to Trello team who gave me free access to Business Class for a few weeks for free.

I'm having the same issue. I have two boards that are locked by former team members who have left the business that I can't do anything with. I'm on the board, but not an admin. HELP!!!!!!

Seems like the only way is business class access.

Hi,

From the board,

Show menu >> board parameter >> close the board

I cannot enter the board. It appears within my team boards, but I cannot enter it. I am the admin of the team. I don't know who created it. I do not reckon some team member created it. When browsing my team members list, this "Private board" does not appear at any of the members. I do not reckognize the board at all.  There is a question mark icon on top of it saying something like "You need to extend to Business Class for team admin to access private boards...".

When you remove a member, you remove only his acces to your team and boards

His personal board is not deleted, only discarded from your organisation.

It was not discarded. I got Business Class and saw, that the board belonged to a guy who is no longer mu team member. I removed the board.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,567 views 13 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you