Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete a copied comment?

Ian Campbell February 17, 2018

I copied some of my own comments from one board to another a while ago. I would like to delete one of these comments, but cannot find a way to do so.

The edit and delete options do not exist beneath comment - just the date and time.

I tried deleting the comment from the original board, but it had no effect on the copy.

Any ideas welcome.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ian Campbell February 18, 2018

I may have found the answer. 

When I said in my previous post that I copied the list across to another board, I was wrong. I 'moved' it across. This was why I didn't see the 'copy comments flag'. 

So the answer seems to be that if you want to have the option of deleting or editing the list and cards you have moved to a new board, you should 'move' the list across and not 'copy' it across.

If this is right, I have found an answer for the future to my question. 

And I wouldn't have done so without the stimulus of your reply, Aleksandr, and your remark about the flag. Many thanks!

1 vote
snowflakeas April 25, 2023

I find this both arbitrary and confusing that I cannot remove comments at a later stage.

1 vote
Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2018

Hi,

It seems that the card has been copied with comments. In this case it's not allowed to edit or delete comments from the source card. If you copy card without comments (unchecked copy comments flag) it's allowed to remove comments.

Justin Reina June 1, 2023

Hide.png

0 votes
Ian Campbell February 18, 2018

Thanks for your reply.

Yes my list with its cards was copied with comments. I have a kind of 'master board' that I want to use over time in different settings, and copy across most of the lists and comments I have made to new working boards.

I have just tried the manoeuvre again - copying a new list with a comment to another board, and also copying just the comment to another board. In neither case did I see a 'copy comments flag' to check or uncheck. 

But, the strange thing is, in both these new cases the delete option has carried over with the card/list. So I can delete them.

However, that doesn't help me with the original problem. I think I shall just have to make a new list, copy across the cards/comments I want to keep and leave out the one I want to delete.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events