Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Trello card from Slack Workflow?

Amandine Lemonnier July 7, 2020

I have a Trello board linked to a channel and some Slack Workflow set up. 

One of my Slack Workflow allow for creation of ticket and ask some questions, then triggering a message sent to the channel "/trello add [info from quest form]" however this does not trigger a card to be created. 

I've tested it multiple time and I can create the tickets myself, in the same manner, however when the text comes from the Slack Workflow, it does not create anything on my board.

3 answers

0 votes
Latoya Burris July 13, 2022

Hi don’t have a solution for this either but I am curious to find out whether it is possible. Trying to avoid double the work on my team.

0 votes
Otavio Oliveira May 8, 2022

In short, what would be the best way to have the slack workflow with a form written by channel members, automatically generating a card on a Trello list? 

0 votes
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2020

Hey Amandine,

Hm it sounds like that might not be working because of the Slack account sending that message. In order for Slack to create cards from Trello, that command would need to be done by someone's account that's also a member of that board and authorized Slack to make changes to Trello on their behalf.

If for example, Slackbot is sending the message, the /trello command won't work because Trello doesn't have a way of allowing Slackbot to create a card in your board.

Is there any way you can change your workflow to send that command as you instead?

Armaan V February 7, 2022

I'm trying to do this as well. Slack's workflow doesn't allow me to customize who the 'sender' of the /Trello add message is - only way to automatically post the trello add message in the channel via a workflow is (I'm guessing) via Slackbot. 

Is there a way to create a Trello card via that message? Can I authorize Slackbot for example. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events