cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the initials?

nikitaeminence05
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 9, 2020

I have change the initials of my trello account N to NP but the but its not visible to the admin.

1 answer

1 vote
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2020

Hi there, welcome to the Community!

Changing your initials on your Profile and visibility tab in your settings - trello.com/<yourusername> should take effect right after saving. When you refresh this page, do you see that your new initials are still in the initials box?

Where does the admin not see your updated initials - are they able to provide a screenshot showing "N" for your initials still after they refresh the board or card they're looking at?

Thanks,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Trello Administrator June 8, 2020

We are actually experiencing the same issue.

After migration to atlassian accounts, some of our board members' initials are set to 1-digit only. Changing the name in the atlassian account settings, fixes the problem locally, however other users/admins still only see the 1-digit initials. (On cards, board-member list, team member list, etc...)

Is there a solution or workaround yet?

Thanks!

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2020

Hi Boris, welcome to the Community!

Although the name field should be pulling from your Atlassian account (https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/profile-and-visibility), I believe the initials in Trello should still be populated on the Profile and Visibility page within Trello. Can you confirm that the initials are set correctly on that page (trello.com/<username>)?

Thanks!

Trello Administrator June 10, 2020

Hi Daniel,

thanks for the quick reply!

On the trello.com/<username> page, it isn't possible to enter/change initials anymore. (since it migrated to the atlassian account)

One can only enter the username and an optional bio there...

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
June 10, 2020

Hey Boris,

I've gotten some more info on this. For Trello users that are migrated to Atlassian accounts, the initials should not be changeable on the Trello profile page anymore. They'll automatically generate from the Full Name field on the Atlassian account (https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/profile-and-visibility).

For organizations with user provisioning set up through Atlassian Access, that means the Trello initials are now getting generated from the name field that's getting synced from the identity provider.

If you're still seeing issues after ensuring the Full Name field does have two names (not just a username; you'd need "Jordan Smith" to get the initials "JS"), have users who aren't seeing the initials correctly try clearing their local browser cache or opening Trello in a fresh incognito session. Barring that, something is really amiss and the best thing would be to open a support case so we can investigate the Trello account directly.

Cheers,
Daniel

Trello Administrator June 11, 2020

Hi,

thanks again!

However, I've already tried clearing the browser cache, it did not help though.

I've opened a support case and will post if we've found a solution.

Cheers

Daniel Feld
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 7, 2022

Have you found a solution?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events