• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to change the initials?

I have change the initials of my trello account N to NP but the but its not visible to the admin.

1 answer

1 vote
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Mar 10, 2020

Hi there, welcome to the Community!

Changing your initials on your Profile and visibility tab in your settings - trello.com/<yourusername> should take effect right after saving. When you refresh this page, do you see that your new initials are still in the initials box?

Where does the admin not see your updated initials - are they able to provide a screenshot showing "N" for your initials still after they refresh the board or card they're looking at?

Thanks,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

We are actually experiencing the same issue.

After migration to atlassian accounts, some of our board members' initials are set to 1-digit only. Changing the name in the atlassian account settings, fixes the problem locally, however other users/admins still only see the 1-digit initials. (On cards, board-member list, team member list, etc...)

Is there a solution or workaround yet?

Thanks!

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Jun 08, 2020

Hi Boris, welcome to the Community!

Although the name field should be pulling from your Atlassian account (https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/profile-and-visibility), I believe the initials in Trello should still be populated on the Profile and Visibility page within Trello. Can you confirm that the initials are set correctly on that page (trello.com/<username>)?

Thanks!

Hi Daniel,

thanks for the quick reply!

On the trello.com/<username> page, it isn't possible to enter/change initials anymore. (since it migrated to the atlassian account)

One can only enter the username and an optional bio there...

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Jun 10, 2020

Hey Boris,

I've gotten some more info on this. For Trello users that are migrated to Atlassian accounts, the initials should not be changeable on the Trello profile page anymore. They'll automatically generate from the Full Name field on the Atlassian account (https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/profile-and-visibility).

For organizations with user provisioning set up through Atlassian Access, that means the Trello initials are now getting generated from the name field that's getting synced from the identity provider.

If you're still seeing issues after ensuring the Full Name field does have two names (not just a username; you'd need "Jordan Smith" to get the initials "JS"), have users who aren't seeing the initials correctly try clearing their local browser cache or opening Trello in a fresh incognito session. Barring that, something is really amiss and the best thing would be to open a support case so we can investigate the Trello account directly.

Cheers,
Daniel

Hi,

thanks again!

However, I've already tried clearing the browser cache, it did not help though.

I've opened a support case and will post if we've found a solution.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

836 views 14 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you