Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add new cards in Trello based on Slack threads

paulapetcu December 16, 2020

I've successfully linked a Slack channel with a Trello board, but I don't see how I could add a thread as a card. If I try to do that from the thread, I get "/trello is not supported in threads. Sorry!

Looking at the slack dev documentation, it should be possible to link and retrieve info from a specific thread, not only from a conversation or channel. So I don’t think it is a tech limitation. 

Any workarounds or plans to include the feature of creating Trello cards from Slack channel threads? 

The use case I am looking at is discussing various ideas in Slack - one idea is further discussed in threads, and then adding a corresponding card in Trello, linking back to the thread. 

2 answers

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2020
0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2020

Hi @paulapetcu ,

Welcome to the community!

You can read this documentation https://slack.com/intl/en-in/help/articles/231967387-Trello-for-Slack

paulapetcu December 16, 2020

Thanks for your reply. But it does not answer the question on how to add cards from threads.

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events