Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Search Existing *Trello* Questions Only?

rax adaam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2020

I clicked on a link to the Trello community board (it shows "Community / Products / Trello" at the top of the page); however, if I use the search bar to lookup an issue I'm trying to solve (to see if anyone has already asked the question), it returns tons of completely irrelevant results, because it searches the entire Atlassian community.

Is there not a way to only search the Trello sub-community? Seems like relatively basic functionality for good UX (especially if you actually want people to take the time to search for existing Q/A).

All the best,

RA

2 answers

1 vote
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2020

@rax adaam  Try prefix  @Trello 

rax adaam
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2020

@milynnus thanks, but this didn't work for me. 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2020

@rax adaam  See pic 

98ABD763-BC77-4712-9902-D13BA0CDD807.png

rax adaam
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2020

@milynnus see pic - 2nd item is Jira related...

Messages Image(4208527188).png

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2020

@rax adaam  This looks better for your search example. Just a suggestion ....5180DE6A-9E34-4C3D-A6F0-B3AC7A086AE0.png

rax adaam
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2020

@milynnus - that does look better; however, it was just an example; I was looking for a general solution. Have up-voted this for now. Thank you for both possibilities!

0 votes
Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2020

I just put Trello in the search bar accross the top above the first posts,, then hit ENTER key as couldnt see a "search" button.

Appears to work, now I can see the wood for the trees.

rax adaam
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2020

Unless I've misunderstood what you're suggesting, that will take you to the Trello community feed, but it doesn't restrict your searches to Trello-related questions.

Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2020

I've just done it, in the tag bar of the questions and it filtered out all but trello.

rax adaam
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2020

@Stephen Addis  --  I think I've misunderstood, as I don't see a "tag bar" any chance you can post a screenshot?

Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2020

But you have to just hit enter after typing trello, as it doesnt have a press to search ... or I gave up looking but type in that box RED RING and press enter whilst in the type box.

Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2020

atlasian tag search.JPG

rax adaam
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2020

@Stephen Addis -- thanks for clarifying. I understand now: you're in your feed, so this is sorting your feed by Tello-related topics. 

FYI the search bar is at the top of the page: 

Messages Image(1942133576).png

Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2020

:) Thats why I described it as across the top of the first posts.

Now your motoring.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events