Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does this Board have Card-specific Custom Fields?

Joe Fletcher June 6, 2019

I need Custom Fields that are unique for different cards. Previous posts in this community say that feature is not possible. But this board right here has exactly what I need.

The Daily Journal list has 6 cards, and each of them have different Custom Fields. For example, one card has Overall Mood and Forward. Another card has Ounces Drank, Overall Mood, Thankful, and Forward. Other cards have NO Custom Fields.

So, it is possible. How do I do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2019

Hi @Joe Fletcher I know that @Brittany Joiner  is a pro at the custom fields power-up and she created that board you are referencing. Britt, can you shed some light on Joe's question please?
Thanks so much,

Jodi

Mike Corbean May 6, 2020

@Joe Fletcher , @Brittany_Joiner, can either or both of you provide an update here?

Feature much needed.

Thx.

Mike Corbean May 6, 2020
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2020

Hey @Joe Fletcher , and also @Mike Corbean ! My apologies that I never saw this before!!

So, as far as I know you can only have the same custom fields across all cards on a board. I don't see where this is not happening on that example board above.

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2020

@Joe Fletcher and @Mike Corbean - I just realized a workaround for this. 

You could use the Crmble power-up. It creates custom fields (although they're contact fields at the moment, but soon you'll be able to customize those), and you can turn off specific lists to *not* show Crmble fields (the custom fields) on cards on those lists. Would that help? 

Mike Corbean May 7, 2020

@Brittany Joiner funny you mention Crmble.  I'm working w/ @Antonio Panea  @ Crmble on troubleshooting an issue I'm having w/ their power-up.
If I can get around this issue, that might be a good alternative.

Mike Corbean May 7, 2020

@Brittany Joiner going back to your sample board though that was thought to have (@Joe Fletcher) card-unique fields - See the attached images of a couple of cards on that board, in your Daily Journal list.

jan 11.PNGjan 8.PNG

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2020

So strange how you're seeing that. Here's what i see. 

image.png

image.png

Antonio Panea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2020

Hi @Mike Corbean , @Joe Fletcher , @Brittany Joiner , @Jodi LeBlanc 

Thanks for reaching out! Sorry for the delay on this. I have been going around that issue and looks like there is a few chrome plugins making some bugs with Crmble fields and also with Custom fields as per @Brittany Joiner snapshot.

Could you let me know please which Crome plugins are you using already? 

Thanks!

Cheers

Mike Corbean May 7, 2020

@Antonio Panea sure - I've attached a screenshot and circled the extensions that are Trello specific.

Capture.PNG

Mike Corbean May 8, 2020

How funny - after all of this, it looks like the question @Joe Fletcher originally asked was actually his/your observation of Trello glitching on that board due to some odd interactions between browsers, extensions and power-ups...

@Antonio Panea @Brittany Joiner @Jodi LeBlanc @ 

Like Brittany Joiner likes this
Antonio Panea
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2020

Hi @Mike Corbean ,

yes it is! It is happening with some plugins. Have you tried in a Trello desktop app? I think it will fix the bug.

Cheers

Toni

Mike Corbean May 8, 2020

No, I prefer the browser version.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events