Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you delete a board that someone else created in a workspace when they have left?

Sue Eddington March 7, 2023

I have someone who created a board that is associated with my team's workspace.  They have now left the organisation I have removed them from the workspace but their board still remains and it is counting against the max number of boards I can have.  Is there a way I can remove this board? I have the free version.

1 answer

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2023

You could close the board....

How do you do that? I can't see that as an option.  The person who left set the board up so is the 'owner' I am admin for the workspace it sits in

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2023

As you are a workspace admin, you can join the board and you will automatically become an admin for the board:

Screenshot 2023-03-07 105124.png

Then you can close it...

I only get the option to 'leave'. Have checked I am admin (I set the workspace up so assumed!) but looks like you can only be 'admin' if you pay for the privilege!  There must be a way to delete a board without paying to do it!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events