Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I undo delete an attachment?

Ellie Casey October 31, 2022

I am having this glitch multiple times now where when I open a card on trello, it just automatically deletes every single attachment on the card, and I don't know how to undo it. I tried using the keyboard shortcut `Z` and it doesn't work

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Hamza Chundrigar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2022

Hi @Ellie Casey 

Currently, only the following card actions can be undone:

• Joining a card
  • Leaving a card
  • Adding a member to a card
  • Removing a member from a card
  • Moving a card
  • Adding a label
  • Removing a label
  • Archiving a card
  • Unarchiving a card
  • Renaming a card
  • Updating a description
  • Setting a due date

Deleting in Trello is a permanent action. Undo cannot reverse deletion of content such as cards, lists, labels, attachments, etc.

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2022

Hi @Ellie Casey and welcome to the community!

Can you see if you run any automation which deletes the attachment?

The list of undoing an action can be found here https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/undoing-an-action-in-trello/

Ellie Casey November 1, 2022

How do I see if I'm running any automations?

Hamza Chundrigar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2022

@Ellie Casey you can select Rules from the side menu. Here you can view, edit, copy, or delete existing rules. 

Here’s a video on how you can access  the automations/rules section. 

Ellie Casey November 1, 2022

Thank you! I checked my rules and I don't have any rules or automations

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2022

@Ellie Casey can you please post a video of the problem you are experiencing?

Like Hamza Chundrigar likes this
Ellie Casey November 3, 2022

The problem happens completely randomly, so I'm not sure how to reproduce it and I'm not sure what's triggering it

Community Leader
Community Leader
November 3, 2022

@Ellie Casey if you can't reproduce it, then this might not be an actual bug. E.g. you are doing some quick action and attach a file very quickly afterwards. But the system is still doing the previous action. So the action of uploading an attachment, although it seems that it has been made, never took place. That's the only scenario I can think of.

Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2022

Hi @Ellie Casey 

If my answer solved your problem, kindly mark it as accepted in order to help others

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events