Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I undo actions in Trello?

Chris Hadley
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 28, 2019

In both the web and Mac Trello apps, I cannot Undo my last action. For instance, I frequently archive cards on accident due to conflicting "C" shortcuts (in Trello it's archive, in email it's compose). When I hit Cmd+Z, I expect the card to reappear, but nothing happens.

There is an Undo menu option...does it not work? Does it work in some other way I'm not understanding?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2019

@Chris Hadley the easiest way to undo accidentally archiving something is to go to the board activity, click on the link to the card you just archived and send it back to the board.

You can find out more about the board menu here:

https://help.trello.com/article/822-the-board-menu

Chris Hadley
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 29, 2019

Thanks Iain for the response. That's what I've been doing...but I'm also curious why Cmd+Z doesn't work. Seems like that would be the easiest way to undo something.

Like # people like this
Lachlan Macnish November 22, 2020

Yeah I want an undo button and keyboard shortcut too. It would be much broader than just un-archiving cards.

MarkJeronimus January 12, 2021

You can undo certain select actions with plain Z.

See: https://help.trello.com/article/1230-undoing-an-action-in-trello

Like Dylan Keyt likes this
0 votes
Claire Michalski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 5, 2023

I accidentally pasted and saved something on the wrong card and in effect deleted what was previously there. Because it was saved and the card closed pressing Cmd Z doesn't work. A human error shouldn't be permanent with todays tech. An undo feature is absolutely needed. I've lost some really important research.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events