Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn off the new sidebar feature thing?

Andrew Brett Stevens September 24, 2021

I updated and now trello is unusable.  I get so much lag on everything; opening cards, replying to cards - everything.  Tried changing browsers with no luck.  It said I could turn it off in settings but there is no setting for this that I can find,  HELP!! Please :-)

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Natalie September 24, 2021

Similar struggles here. I love the ideas behind the new sidebar, but it's making Trello unusable because everything takes so long to happen now.

Natalie: http://trello.com/putyourusernamehere/labs  It gives you the option to reset.  Finally back to normal

Like Natalie likes this
Natalie September 25, 2021

Thank you so much!

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Rake September 24, 2021

I'm searching for this solution as well. I can't for the life of me find a toggle to opt-out. 

Look, this feature is pretty cool, but 100% unusable since upgrading. At this point I'd rather have a bunch of sticky notes on my desk.

John, see my answer to Natalie above.

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2021

Can you give more details on why it’s unusable?

Andrew Brett Stevens September 25, 2021

Just so much lag Michael.  On everything.  Open a card - 10 seconds.  Click reply - 10 seconds, write reply - 10 seconds to open the reply box - another 10 for the cursor to pop up, start writing and nothing, then 10 seconds later what you wrote starts appearing.  It's a nightmare.

Like Natalie likes this
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2021

And when you turned it off, it’s fixed?

Natalie September 25, 2021

I just turned it off following Andrew's instructions and so far so good. It doesn't take 10 seconds to take any action in there now.

Andrew Brett Stevens September 25, 2021

Michael: It's 95% back to normal.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events