Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I quit the "observe" function permanently?

Beate Epting October 27, 2021

Hi,

when someone is adressed with "@" in the comments, he/she automatically observes the card. my need: that we only get notifications, when we are adressed with "@" and that it lasts permanently, when we de-activate the "observe"-function.

(sorry for my english, I'm thinking in german ;-)

has someone experiences? Thank and greets, Beate

1 answer

0 votes
Felipe Kowalczuk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2021

Hello @Beate Epting

Thanks for reaching out! :) Welcome. 

We would like to thank you in advance for being part of our Trello community and we will try to solve your problem / need in the best way possible.

Whenever someone make a comment into a card, that person is automatically set to "watching" that specific card. So that means that any kind of actions regarding that specific card, will notify the people that are watching it. See more information in this article https://help.trello.com/article/799-watching-cards-lists-and-boards

The same thing happens when you add someone into a card, the members added will be "watching" the card automatically. Learn how to add members to a specific card here https://help.trello.com/article/807-adding-a-member-to-a-card

The good news is that you can always stop "watching" a specific card, even if you're a member of that card, or if somebody tagged you into one or more comments of that card. 

Let us know whether we solved your case or not, and we’ll be glad to help you the best way we can.

Best Regards,

Felipe
*The Trello Team*

Beate Epting November 2, 2021

Hello Felipe,

thank you for responding me!

I already noticed, that I can stop "watching" a specific card, even if I am a member of that card, or if somebody tagged me into one or more comments of that card.

What I also noticed is: that when someone tagges me in a comment of a card again AFTER I've stopped watching a card, I begin to watch it again. Is that correct or is there a way to stop it permanently and to only receive the comments when I'm tagged?

Best regards

Beate

Felipe Kowalczuk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2021

Hello @Beate Epting

Thanks for your interest in learning more about Trello features. :)

Whenever someone tagged another person in a card's comment, the person that did the comment will be watching that card, but the person that is being tagged, will not be watching that card, only will get notifications of that action. 

Beate Epting November 3, 2021

great, thank you, that's what I wanted to know!

Like Felipe Kowalczuk likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events