How do I enable sharing of URL and page title in Chrome on Android to Trello?

Kathy Stanford December 27, 2020

I used to be able to share the URL and page title in Chrome on my Android phone direct to Trello.

I accidentally selected once the option of synchronising with Google. I can see this is no longer enable in settings but can't seem to "switch it back on" See 1st image Paramètres with disconnection from Google greyed out. This does not relate to using different languages. It happened when I accidentally selected disconnect. I now no longer see the option on Android to share to Trello per 2nd image.

I run the extension in Chrome on my laptop and have no issues there sharing to Trello.

I have been manually copying and pasting for months but I have a large number of pages that I want to bring over to Trello and this method is too time consuming.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Screenshot_20201227-200659_Trello.jpgScreenshot_20201227-200902_Chrome.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2020

Hi @Kathy Stanford ,

Welcome to the community!

Just clear cache & data from the chrome browser and Trello app on mobile then I hope the option will be available again!

Note: If there are any offline boards on your mobile device, make sure you sync the boards first with Trello then perform the above steps! Make sure to take safety precautions before performing the above task. So that you won't lose any data!

Kathy Stanford December 27, 2020

Hi @Soumyadeep Mandal 

Thank you for your warm welcome and suggested solution

I have confirmed that I have no offline boards. 

I have cleared the caches in both apps as well.

I am not very tech savvy and as such I am rather nervous about deleting the data from the 2 apps. Will this also remove data from my account in the cloud?? eg

• Chrome: saved passwords, favourites, cookies, opened pages etc
  • Trello: boards, cards, archived cards etc

Do I need to take any additional steps to ensure that my data will be as currently saved online? 

Many thanks

Kathy

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2020

Yes, it will effect 

• Chrome: saved passwords, favorites, cookies, opened pages, etc

it will delete everything! in this case, don't clear data from a chrome browser!

it's save in Trello so clear data from the Trello app and relogin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events