Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I do this automation?...

Richie January 26, 2022
  •  My Trello board is used to keep track of all maintenance on machines. The frequency of the maintenance varies from weekly, bi-weekly, 3 months, 6 months and yearly.
  • I want two lists for each machines. "Maintenance List" is the home where the card would usually sits & "To Do List" is where the card would be moved to 5 working days before it's due date.
  • Cards that are in the "To Do List" would have a checklist, once that checklist is complete, the due date would be marked complete and be moved to "Complete List". It would then make a copy of that card on the "Maintenance List" and have the due date be moved (E.g. 6 months from now). 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2022

Hey @Richie ! Welcome to the community :) I'd create two separate commands like this:

Due date command:

set due date command 3.PNG

Rule command:

Set due date automation.PNG

Richie January 26, 2022

Hi @Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows 

What if I wanted the card to be copied as I want to keep all the comments within it?

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2022

@Richie sorry, skimmed past the 3rd point. So it would just be as simple as adding a copy action in there like this:

checklist automation 3.PNG

Comments would be included in the card copy by default. Are they not copying over for you?

Richie January 26, 2022

I was using the card repeater power up previously but I want to keep all the comments as a log. The card repeater only copies the original card thus comments that were added after won't be copied.

Richie January 26, 2022

@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows I wish they would have "moving the due date" as well in the card repeater power up.

Anyways, I appreciate all the help. Have a good day.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events