Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a blank card that doesn't have any fields pulled from my template card?

knyce September 16, 2020

I created a template card using specific fields, labels,.  and custom fields using Power Up for our design projects. I am trying to create a blank card to be used for FAQs and process information.  When I try to add a card, it keeps creating a card using all the fields from my template card. I'm relatively new to Trello, so I may be missing something.

I've tried adding a card to an existing list, but it creates a card with all of the fields included.

Any suggestions on what else I might try or if this is possible are welcomed.

Thanks,

Kimberly

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2020

@knyce custom fields are at the board level, so if you define a set of fields for a board all cards on that board will have the same custom fields.

knyce September 22, 2020

@Iain Dooley Thank you! This is useful information to know when creating new boards going forward. Much appreciated.

0 votes
Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2020

I tend to put a few "USE THIS NEXT" cards for people who cant create from scratch, as there are always a few, and I have a tag in the priorities etc called TBC so I can see what needs allocation.  May be worth having some intials like 2R for 2 review, or something based on AutoCreate or CBO create by others.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events