Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the start date when using the repeat power up?

Tanya Blankenship October 15, 2020

I'm trying to set up recurring cards using the repeat power up, but the start date (or first occurrence) is not what I want. Is there a way to change it? I can't seem to find it! 

I want to set up a quarterly task, but I've already done it for October, so my next occurrence needs to be in January and then repeat every 3 months.  When I create the card with a repeat option, it automatically tries to start NEXT month (November) instead of starting in January as I would like it.

Any way to work around this?  THANKS!

1 answer

0 votes
Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2020

Hi Tanya,

The Card Repeater Power-up will always create an exact replica of the original card including the due date that is set on the original card. A way around this is to set up a Butler rule. I have this on one of my personal boards where the Card Repeater Power-up repeats the card, and then the Butler rule is triggered when the new card is added to a certain list on my board. The action is then to set the due date in x days.

Would this be an option for you?

Thanks!

Ryan

Deleted user January 25, 2024

What on earth?! You mean there is no simple way to set a start date for a card in the future and then have it repeat every three months AFTER that? It seems like it would be very straight forward. Calendars operate this way, but not Trello?

Like Nicole Pharand likes this
HoneyLove Gardening
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 21, 2024

Not a workable solution. Hopefully, controlling the repeat start date is on the table to be available soon.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events