Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add a phone number field to a card?

Paul Riat April 7, 2021

I want to use Trello to build a newsroom 'futures file' for my business news publication ... to track company news events and contacts as well as work flow. 

I got the Custom Fields power up, and it allows me to put in a Company Name, Contact Name, Website etc. into a card, but when it comes to a phone number it does not allow the (xxx) xxx-xxxx schema. At best it can be xxx.xxxxxxx under the numbering field that Custom Fields allows. 

I've done dozens of searches and looked at as many power ups.. and I see no way to add a field that will take a phone number. 

What am I missing? I feel stupid. 

Paul 

3 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2021

@Paul Riat 

Currently working with a client using Contalist. It is more than a contact list it has email templates, actions and automations ...etc

Paul Riat April 8, 2021

Bingo! And thank you!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vitaly Andrianov April 7, 2021

SmartSelect_20210408-004538_Chrome.jpg

Vitaly Andrianov April 7, 2021

@Paul Riat

Hello Paul.

Is that what you are looking for? 

Paul Riat April 8, 2021

That's pretty close, thank you!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2021

Hi @Paul Riat 

Do not feel stupid, I have also looked for a lot of information and I have not found anything, maybe nobody has thought of it or has not needed it.

I think the addon that can help you the most is this

https://trello.com/power-ups/56d5e249a98895a9797bebb9/custom-fields

Sorry I can not help you anymore

Cheers

Paul Riat April 8, 2021

Yeah, I was surprised that Custom Fields didn't have a phone number field. 

Thanks. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events