Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I set a custom field date one week *before* another custom field date?

Jen Montgomery June 22, 2023

All I seem to be finding in automation settings/rules are either forward or dependent on today's date.  I want to be able to set a date one week before another date.

If it matters, I'd like to set a rule that automatically sets one custom field one week before another.  But, I'd also like to create a button that sets the due date to one week before a custom field.

1 answer

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2023

You can do this:

ezgif.com-video-to-gif (6).gif

Here is the rule:

Screenshot 2023-06-23 041404.png

Which you can adjust depending on your needs of hours, days, weeks etc... There is more info in the link below:

https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/arithmetic-and-formatting-in-date-variables/ 

Jen Montgomery June 23, 2023

Thank you for the response.  What am I doing wrong?  The Production Deadline custom field remains blank.Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 6.41.33 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-06-23 at 6.39.47 AM.png

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2023

Try:

{cardduedate-7d}

Like Jen Montgomery likes this
Jen Montgomery June 25, 2023

Thank you!

I just want to confirm that there isn't a way then to set a custom field date one week before another custom field date?  I can do it in relation to the card due date, but not in relation to another custom field date?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events