Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I delete a board created by a member that's no longer active?

Antonio Rivera April 1, 2020

I'm on the Free platform and am limited to 10 boards. I've closed down most of the boards I no longer use but can't close some that were created by members that are no longer employees of our company. How can delete these so they don't count against my 10 boards? Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Antonio Panea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2020

Hi @Antonio Rivera ,

Toni here to give you a hand. What you can do is change the board from the team they belong to personal one so at least they will disappear as Board inside your Team.

Give a try and let me know if it helps!

Cheers

Antonio Rivera April 1, 2020

I cannot do this anymore as these are boards they created while they were employees of my company. I made the mistake of leaving the boards thinking that it would close the board since there are no longer any members except the owner that created the board whom I have already deleted as a member of the team.

Now, I can't even enter these boards. I just know they exist because I see PRIVATE BOARD on my Team's boards and its counting against my allowable free boards. The owners of these boards are no longer part of the company and have long since left.

I tried reinstating their email accounts; thinking I could log back in to Trello using that and killing the boards from there. But Google won't let me log in without verifying via 2-factor authentication.

These boards are now orphans. No members and no owner. I'd like to delete them.

Thanks in advance.

Antonio Panea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2020

Hi @Antonio Rivera

I am sorry to see my answer didn't help you.

Maybe what you can do is create another team, add your currently team members and change all the boards you are using to the new team. Then you have the same team than before but fresh new in boards!when finish you can eliminate the old team and that is all.

I know is not the nicest solution but I think It will work!

Cheers

Antonio Rivera April 7, 2020

This did the trick. Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events