Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I automate based on Custom field state

Keith November 4, 2020

I need to post a comment on a card that only has the custom field "Archived" unchecked.

Trick here is that the card has multiple cards attached to it and they are all archived.

Currently if I comment on the card via Butler, it comments on all cards even the linked and archived cards, which then results in emails being sent out which I don't want.

Or even better, can Butler filter on only unarchived cards?

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2020

@Keith 

Just a thot, would it work if the archived cardlinks are converted to a checklist of cardlink?

Keith November 5, 2020

Thanks for the reply, I'm more looking to test the native archive state than convert all my attached cards to a checklist.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2020

@Keith So basically you want Butler to test the linked cards and to add the comments if the card is not archived. You know that Butler does not handle conditions. I have written Butler add on via a Http Request that handles conditions. I have proved that it can handle a use case to determine whether Butler calendar commands should be run a a particular date of the week. It might be able to use it here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events