Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guests vs Workspace Members question

Jane Slater April 21, 2022

Hi - we have accidentally changed some Guests into Workspace Members and now we are being charged for them. These two people are external contractors and only have access to one board each. Am I thinking correctly that they should be Guests and they would be free? How can I change them back if so?

If they had access to more than one board, would they be paid members?

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2022

You can follow the steps in this article to remove Workspace members. If they belong to only one board when you remove them from the Workspace, they'll be single board guests and you won't be charged for them.

Any Workspace members who belong to more than one board will become multi-board guests once removed from the workspace, and they remain billable members. Hopefully this article will help make it more clear. Please let me know if you still have questions. 

Jane Slater April 22, 2022

Thanks, Andrea!

Like # people like this
0 votes
Artemis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2022

Hi @Jane Slater! The action of changing the Guests into workspace members is what triggered the charge. Trello charges a license fee for workspace members and multi-board guests, which are people who have been invited to at least two of your paid boards. Right now, even though your contractors are on just one board, they're also full members of your workspace now so that charge was made to your credit card to cover the license cost.

Since it sounds like you'd prefer for your contractors to be single-board guests, the Billing support team can help to reverse the charge and remove those licenses. :) I'd recommend removing the contractors membership from the workspace so they're converted back to single-board guests, then pick the Billing option on Trello's contact page https://trello.com/contact

Jane Slater April 22, 2022

Thanks, Artemis!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events