Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtering by custom fields on Trello

Jade March 3, 2023

Hi, 

When will filtering by custom fields become available?

I understand that you can search by them but this isn't useful when there are similar words in card titles.

I just need to be able to filter my cards by Custom Fields pleaaaassseeeee!

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Adam Cao
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 3, 2023

Hi Jade,

Could I ask which custom field types you are looking to filter with? 

I'm the creator of the Table View Power-Up and I recently added filtering for custom text fields. I'm planning on supporting the other field types eventually but would love to get some insight into which field types I should prioritize.

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2023

@Adam Cao I have recently started using Table View Power-Up and it is great so I can highly recommentd it

@Jade Jurkowski There is some support for filtering custom fields, but its half-baked tbh.  You can't filter specifically on custom fields but if a custom field text matches the filter, it will work.  

Another way, if your text is going to be similar or you are using dropdowns.  You can have an automation that adds a label when a custom field is set and then filter by the label.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events