Filter/search on values set using the Custom Fields power-up

mattbeedle7 January 17, 2018

Hi

Is there a way to search for or filter cards based on the custom field values?

Thanks

4 answers

1 vote
Mike Konikoff January 31, 2019

The Filter Cards function has a search box that will search custom fields. Use Show Menu > Filter Cards, then type the custom field value you want to search for. For example, you have a custom field called "Frobnosticator" that populates from a list. Typing the selected value ("Bob") from the list in the Filter Cards search box will filter the cards to show the ones where Frobnosticator is Bob. It will probably also match card names containing "Bob," so it would be nicer if the filter would let you do Frobnosticator: Bob ... but, it doesn't (I tried it and got the same results as filtering on just Bob).

Or, just take it from Trello:

• Filtering: Board filtering now supports text, drop down list, and checkbox fields, and will surface cards that have fields that match filtered terms.

1 vote
Tim Gallivan May 3, 2018

You can use the search feature to filter down to what you need.   Clunky, but works.

Callum Gare November 11, 2018

Actually unfortunately it that doesn't work. On the website at least (I've herd it might work on the mobile app). I've just checked by creating a card where the only time a phrase appears is in a custom field and the search does not find that card.

Like Hans-Christian Francke likes this
0 votes
Sami Linnanvuo {Screenful}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 6, 2018

The Screenful Power-Up allows grouping and filtering based on custom fields. You can learn more at https://screenful.com/trello/custom-fields/

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2018

Hey Matt

Trello doesn't currently offer the ability to search based on Custom Fields.  you can submit this as a feature suggestion 

mattbeedle7 January 18, 2018

Has it been submitted as a feature request before? Is it on the roadmap? Looking at the comments on the Trello blog article, some people asked for this feature back in 2016. https://blog.trello.com/trello-custom-fields

Callum Gare November 11, 2018

I too would be very interested to get some sense of whether and when it might be coming.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events