Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter not finding all board labels

Carrie Billig October 15, 2021

EDITED: Trello released an update and our labels are now fully filter-accessible.

We use labels for each project and we have lots - the new filter now no longer allows us to find or select over half of our labels. I am attaching a screenshot here that shows the filter selections - and a list right next door showing the existence of other labels. On the screenshot - 4 labels are boxed on cards that should appear within the filter list. One outlined in green is showing up on the filter.

MissingLabels.png

Is there anything I can do to get all labels to appear? Previously the search allowed for the list to continue expanding alphabetically through all labels. Now it just goes through some selected ones and omits the rest. I've also tried typing it in exactly - to no avail.

TypingExactLabel_NoResults.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Raymond Wang
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2021

Hey @Carrie Billig! This is indeed a bug — we have a fix coming out in a release in a few hours. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Also, thank you for describing the issue in such detail, with screenshots to boot! It makes our jobs way easier :)

Got it! I'll update once the fix goes through.

Filipe Fontes October 15, 2021

Nós estamos com o mesmo problema no Brasil!!!

0 votes

@Raymond Wang All labels are selectable now. But, in checking it out, I wanted to pass along that by typing in the search - the past version would eliminate matches as you typed more. This made it easy to run through selections. In the screenshot here, I've typed out most of the label, but the list below still shows quite a few that would not match. Curious if that portion of functionality is also a bug or no longer included.

FilterSelect_AfterTyping.png

Raymond Wang
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2021

Hi @Carrie Billig, it seems like the lower sensitivity of our keyword search might not be a great match for your use case right now! Previously, keyword search was exact and required closer matches, and this new UI expanded the search to be a bit more flexible. This isn't technically a bug — it looks like each result in that screenshot includes something in your keyword input (either "HBA", "Greater", or "Cleveland").

That said, just because it's technically correct doesn't mean it's right! Let me see if I can tune these results a bit to be weighted more heavily in favor of proximity to the search input in the near future. Thanks again for sending along the feedback!

@Raymond Wang Here's our label system. The first part is a parent project - items in all caps (POH, CONF, OBG, WEB). The second part is the child project - the specific client/version we are working on.

We have a lot of child projects that are part of the same parent. This is where the higher sensitivity worked in our favor in order to slowly eliminate the non-matching child projects of those labels.

Like Raymond Wang likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events