Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature request: Clicking on comment field also clicks into editor field

Cameron Hartman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 11, 2023

Hello,

Apologies if this has already been asked for, but recently the comment field in a new trello card has been updated. Before this update, one click on the comment field would allow you to start typing immediately in the comment field. However, now it requires two clicks in order to start typing anything, likely because of the editor object which now comes up in the comment field.

Would it be possible to have the default click-action move the users cursor into the comment field as before, so they can start typing?

This is an issue because clicking on the comment field only activates the editor object, but when you start typing, it randomly starts editing some other field in the card.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciate. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2023

Hi @Cameron Hartman 

I'm not seeing what you are seeing:

ezgif.com-video-to-gif (1).gif

This was a single click to start editing...

There is one option open to you...Click on the "Share Feedback" button beow the description editor and there is an option to disable the new editor.  Once you turn it off in description, you'll have to refresh the page to have it removed from comments.

Screenshot 2023-05-04 154547.png

Cameron Hartman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 12, 2023

Hello Mike,

Thank you for the speedy reply. Seems turning the editor on and off and then restarting the app fixed it for me. 

Apologies for the false report.

I appreciate the help.

Best,

Cameron

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events