Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Card Activity

Wikus Erasmus July 19, 2021

Can you Export the content inside of a Card that's sitting on the Board into CSV or plain text format?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dan Ivory
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 20, 2021

Hi @Wikus Erasmus 

Our Power-Up Board Export might be what you need. You can export the comments to Excel (they will be on a new tab for each card), or PDF, CSV, png. From there you could copy and paste them to your client?

Like this (using the Excel export)

Screenshot 2021-07-20 at 15.29.36.png

Hope that helps, let me know if you have questions,

Dan

Wikus Erasmus July 21, 2021

Thanks Dan!

Like Dan Ivory likes this
0 votes
Daniel Dixon March 13, 2023

👋 Hey there

If you're exporting your data out of Trello in order to copy-paste it into a client file, you may want to try our new Power-Up, Export & Sync.

It will export your Trello board directly to Google Sheets - this can be used by your client to monitor progress without you having to get your data out manually and copy it. 

Plus, after you export your Trello data, your Google Sheet will update automatically whenever a card is added or changed in your board. This way, your client will always have the most up-to-date information! 

0 votes
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2021

You can get a card's data in JSON format by appending .json to the url. For example:

https://trello.com/c/YHrOQKHT/102-card-title.json

Thanks but I realised my quetsions was not specific enough. Your answer is correct and thanks. I just didn't know what todo with the .json format haha
Much appreciated the fast response @Felix 

I've changed the quetsion now....

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2021

@Wikus Erasmus even from your edited question, Felix's answer still seems to be the correct one. Are you able to elaborate further what you're looking for?

I'm looking to have the content that I typed in (almost like a timeline of what note did I enter when etc...) but inn plain text so I can copy it to my client file.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2021

@Wikus Erasmus so you want a plain text export of all the comments you added to a card?

Wikus Erasmus July 20, 2021

yes 100%. Sorry for the lack of clarity.
Is that possible directly or even perhaps a convertion option from a json file to plain text for the purpose of copy/paste to my client files?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events