Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email to Board from Google Docs Comment Not Working

Serena Cowell February 17, 2020

When I'm in a Google Doc, I tag my Trello "email-to-board" email address in a comment, as an assignment, but it never comes in. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2020

Hi @Serena Cowell 

I believe that the 'email to board' setting only works within Gmail, not Google Docs.

You can attach a Google Doc or Google Drive folder to a card if you have the Google Drive PowerUp though.

If you could give us a little more information about what you're wanting to be done, then maybe we could help a bit more?

Let us know

Esme :)

Serena Cowell February 19, 2020

Got it; bummer. I use Google Docs to take notes during meetings and I wanted a quick way to add my meeting ToDo's to my Trello board straight from the doc. 

I thought since Google Docs was just sending an email, it would create a card. 

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2020

I do the same things in meetings. I get around it by creating a card for the meeting, attaching the Google Doc file and creating a checklist within the card for all my action items. It's a bit more of a faff, but it works well in my experience, although I understand that it might not work so well for everyone

Serena Cowell February 19, 2020

Got it; that helps! Thanks! 

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 19, 2020

No worries, there's nothing quite like having a checklist in Trello and ticking things off!

Like Serena Cowell likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events