Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate boards including automation rules

Yves Hegge May 28, 2020

Hi

I want to create a workflow for me and my team with as much automation as possible. My question:

Can I make a template for my team so my teamusers can make a board that includes al rules and automisations? So when they copy a template they can get started right away in the proper workflow.

OR do i have to make this workflow for every user seperatly?

1 answer

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2020

Hi @Yves Hegge 

Welcome to the Community!

If you're talking about Butler rules, if you share the board with colleagues, unless you're a member of that board, the Butler rules won't carry over. Because Butler acts as you, you have to be a member of that board for them to work.

What you could do is have a 'How to use this board' list and you could add a card for each rule you have enabled on your version, so that they can recreate them for themselves once they copy the board.

Once they've done this once, on their first board, the rules will appear for them to use again and again by simply checking the 'enable on this board' option in their rule list. They would only have to set them up once and then they would be able to use them whenever they copied a board across again.

Does that help at all? If not, we can try something else!

Esme :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events