Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Power-up Issue (New)

Robert Wood February 5, 2021

Suddenly having problems with Drobox Power-up feature in Trello.

Following same procedures as in past, now get a plain white pop-up window when attempt to link file in Dropbox to card in Trello.

Have tried 3 different browers, cleared caches, logged out and logged in to both accounts. Same problem. 

Have checked to make sure Dropbox shows connected to Trello and Trello appears to be connected to Dropbox and Power-up enabled.

Update:I am able to use the "add link" to Dropbox document function and then view from the Card, but that's a huge headache because I have to create the link in Dropbox and then copy and paste. Much faster to just do it the way I'd been doing it--worked fine for 4 years until yesterday.

Have also changed Chrome browser settings to make sure Pop-ups from Trello are allowed and that doesn't solve the problem.

Any tips?

1 answer

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2021

Hi @Robert Wood ,

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

You can disable the power-up and then clear the cache of the browser and re-open your browser and enable the power-up again.

Make sure to disable any third-party add-ons or extensions from your browser.

And if you issue still exists then you can ask Trello support too

Markku Pakarinen Aste February 8, 2021

Me and several of my co-workers are experiencing the exactly same problem with the Dropbox power-up in Trello, and the fix suggested here does not help.

Like # people like this
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2021

Hi @Markku Pakarinen Aste ,

Welcome to the community!

If the above solution is not working then you can ask Trello support too

Robert Wood February 8, 2021

The suggested solution did not help.

Like Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM likes this
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2021

Hi @Robert Wood ,

You can ask Trello support for advanced help http://trello.com/contact

One of my colleague got this massage from the Trello Team yesterday:

"We were able to replicate this issue on our side and have alerted our team about this issue. While we don’t have an ETA for when this will be resolved as soon as we have a fix ready we’ll ship it to production.
In the meantime, you should still be able to attach files from Dropbox using the built-in Dropbox option in the Attachments."

So, as expected, the problem isn't local and we have to wait for Trello to solve it.

We are frequently attaching large numbers of files from Dropbox, so the built-in attachment option does not work for us, because it only allows one attachment at a time.

I hope this problem will be resolved soon.

Like Robert Wood likes this

One of my colleague got this massage from the Trello Team yesterday:

"We were able to replicate this issue on our side and have alerted our team about this issue. While we don’t have an ETA for when this will be resolved as soon as we have a fix ready we’ll ship it to production.
In the meantime, you should still be able to attach files from Dropbox using the built-in Dropbox option in the Attachments."

So, as expected, the problem isn't local and we have to wait for Trello to solve it.

We are frequently attaching large numbers of files from Dropbox, so the built-in attachment option does not work for us, because it only allows one attachment at a time.

I hope this problem will be resolved soon.

Like Robert Wood likes this
Robert Wood February 9, 2021

We are the same in that built-in attachment option does not work for us either, for similar reasons. Thank you for the update. I have not received a response yet from Trello customer support after submitting ticket yesterday.

We also hope this problem is solved soon.

Markku Pakarinen Aste February 11, 2021

Fyi: the Trello Dropbox power-up just started working again. Great!

Ingela Norrby
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 13, 2022

I have big problems to get attach files from Dropbox. I get kicked out, and files are missing. Are there problems again? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events